Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday-Silas & Electa Beckwith

Sticking with the memes and trying out Tombstone Tuesday.

Almost all of my tombstone pictures come from findagrave.com. What a wonderful site. I am so appreciative of all the volunteers who take the time to contribute.

This is the tombstone of my third great grandparents, Silas Beckwith and Electa Reed Beckwith. Electa has always been one of my "favorite" ancestors, so I literally cried when I saw this picture for the first time. At first I wondered why I hadn't seen this photo before, but then I realized that it had recently been posted. Another reminder to continue to check back for un-found (is that a word?) relatives.

Another reason for the excitement (or "high" according to this post by Dick Eastman) was that I found it by accident. I was actually searching the cemetery for another ancestor and clicked to view all interments. Lo and behold . . .Silas and Electa. Score!!





Silas Beckwith
b: 11 Apr 1816 Lempster, Sullivan Co, New Hampshire
d: 8 Jan 1890 Dodge Co, Minnesota

Electa Reed
b: 8 Jul 1816 Langdon, Sullivan Co, New Hampshire
d: 18 Nov 1896 Dodge Co, Minnesota


Thank you to Jill G. and Wally Smith who were the contributors to this page on findagrave.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment